1 INDIGO IT PRIVACY STATEMENT
Indigo IT privacy commitments are fundamental to the way we do business daily. These apply to everyone who has a relationship with us – including, but not limited to: employees, customers, and website visitors.
- Indigo IT will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any
Indigo IT makes an effort in good faith to honor your reasonable requests to access and correct your data if it is inaccurate or deleted, so long as we are not required to retain it by policy, legitimate purpose, or law.
Indigo IT is committed to maintaining your trust by protecting and safeguarding personal information that we may collect and use. This policy describes how personal data is collected, handled, and stored to meet Indigo IT’s privacy protection standards, and to comply with the law.
Indigo IT needs to occasionally gather and use certain information about individuals. Individuals may include, but are not limited to: customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees, and other people that Indigo IT has a relationship with or may need to contact.
- Complies with data protection laws and follows good practice;
- Protects the rights of staff, customers, and partners;
- Is open about how individual’s data is stored; and
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
To comply with the law, personal information must be collected and used fairly, stored safely, and not unlawfully disclosed.
Personal data must:
- Be processed fairly and lawfully;
- Be obtained for only specific, lawful purposes;
- Be adequate and relevant, yet not excessive;
- Be accurate and kept up to date;
- Not be held for any longer than necessary;
- Processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects;
- Be protected in appropriate ways; and
- Not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection (applies only to data within the EU).
The policy applies to Indigo IT and all users including, but not limited to; employees, contractors, suppliers, and other people working for or on behalf of Indigo IT.
It applies to all data that Indigo IT holds relating to identifiable individuals, even if that information technically falls outside of the Data Protection Act of 1998. This can include, but is not limited to:
- Names of individuals,
- Postal addresses,
- Email addresses,
- Telephone numbers, and
- Other information relating to individuals.
Everyone who works for or on behalf of Indigo IT has the same responsibility for ensuring data is collected, stored, and handled appropriately.
Each team that handles personal data must ensure that it is handled and processed in line with this policy and data protection principles.
However, the following people have the key areas of responsibility:
IT Support is responsible for:
- Ensuring all systems, services, and equipment used for storing data meet applicable security standards;
- Performing periodic checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly; and
- Evaluating any third-party services that Indigo IT is considering using to store or process
Marketing is responsible for:
- Approving any data protection statements attached to communications such as emails and letters;
- Addressing any data protection queries from journalists or media outlets; and
- Where necessary, working with staff to ensure marketing initiatives abide by data protection principles.
6 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Indigo IT will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it and use it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and as required by applicable laws for legitimate purposes. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify an individual, which may include name, address, email address, phone number, etc. We collect information, and engage third parties for collection of personal information to assist us for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Managing job applications;
- Enabling the use of certain features of our services;
- Personalizing your experience; and
- Collecting information provided by you.
Indigo IT collects various types of personal information, including but not limited to:
- Information you provide us directly,
- Information we collect about your device(s) and your use of our Services, including through cookies, web beacons, and other internet technologies, and
- Information we obtain from third-party
6.1.1 Personal Information You Provide Us Directly
Indigo IT collects various types of information and content that you provide us directly. For example, during onboarding (employees, 1099s, and temp-to-perm), you will be requested to provide us with your name, telephone number, email address, postal address, and where applicable, company or organization name. Employees hired directly will also be requested for additional information, such as Social Security Number, banking information, family member information for benefits, etc. We collect billing and payment information from 1099s. We also collect information that you provide us when you participate in our surveys, events, training, etc. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with the requested information, we may be unable to fully complete your employment or contracting services.
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal information of another individual or yourself, we assume that you have obtained such individual’s consent for the disclosure of such personal information as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Examples include, but not limited to, HR enrollment, employment reference, shared resume, etc.
- Information About Your Device(s) and Your Use of the Services
We collect information about how you use our device(s)/Network and, depending on the access permissions you are granted, other information, as specified below, from and about the computers, phones, and other devices where you install or access our information. We use standard internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your computer or device and your online activity, as explained in more detail in the section on cookies.
6.1.2 The information we may collect in this respect is:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- IP address and device identifiers;
- Your browsing behavior on our device(s)/Network;
- Your general or specific geographic location, such as through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals to the extent permitted by the settings of your device(s).
7 SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Indigo IT may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances to the following parties:
- Within Indigo IT. Indigo IT may share personal information with those affiliates for the purposes mentioned above. These affiliates use your information in accordance with this policy.
- Service Providers. We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf. For example, we may rely on service providers to host data and platforms, fulfill our product and service requests and answer your questions, send e-mails on our behalf, process payments or other services including, onboarding, payroll services, and analyze data to improve our products and services. Some of our hosted platforms may contain personal information, such as name, phone number, email address, etc. that may be accessible to other employees of Indigo IT (i.e., HRIS system and Applicant Tracking system).
- Other Parties When Required by Law and as Necessary to Provide and Protect Our Services. In some instances, we may disclose your personal information to law firms, auditors, consultants, the police, courts, tribunals and other law enforcement agencies.
- To provide you with the services you or your company or organization request, such as a disclosure of your information to a landlord in connection with a lease agreement, or to auditors or consultants;
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement (which may include lawful access requests by
U.S. and other courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities);
- To detect, suppress, and prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; or
- Where permitted by law, to protect our rights, property, and safety or that of any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers, staff members or employees and where otherwise required by
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your personal information to an acquirer in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to that third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation.
- Third-Party Partners, With Your Consent. We may request your consent to share personal information about you with third parties so that they may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you.
- Other Parties at Your Company’s or Organization’s Direction. In addition to the disclosures described in this Policy, we may share information about you with third parties when your company or organization requests such sharing. For example, we periodically may partner with third-parties to make products or services available to individual members or participating companies and organizations. If you or your company or organization requests to participate, we may share your information with the relevant third-party in connection with the requested product or service.
- Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We also share with third-party’s information in a manner that does not identify particular individuals, for example, information that has been aggregated with other records.
Our services may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. We may provide links to these third-party sites as a convenience. They are not intended as an endorsement of or referral to the linked services. The linked services are subject to their separate and independent privacy statements, notices, and terms, which we recommend you read carefully. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third-party and not this Policy.
8 HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
Indigo IT may use information about you for a number of purposes including, but not limited to:Providing, improving, and developing our services:
- Determining whether our employment and/or services are available in your country;
- Improving, personalizing, and facilitating your use of our services; and
- Measuring, tracking, and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of our services.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our services from time to time.
9 CALIFORNIA LAW
Like many websites, Indigo IT may use automatic data collection tools, such as cookies, embedded web links, and web beacons. These tolls may collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and the address of the website from which you arrived at our website. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. It allows web servers to locate and identify your computer, which is a unique address, assigned to your PC by your internet service provider or information systems department on a TCP/IP network.
- Clickstream behavior. For example, the pages you view and the links you click.
These tools help make your visit to our website easier, more efficient, and more valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing when you return.
Each subscription email from us includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that mailing.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot guarantee absolute security of the transmission or storage of your information. We hold information about you both at our own premises and with the assistance of third-party service providers.
12 HOW TO CONTACT US
We value your opinion. Should you have any privacy related questions or comments related to